Monday, July 20, 2009

Money Diary: Day 22

I took the day off work. I picked up some Starbucks in the morning so as to indulge in the day off - $7.51. J had a surprise day planned for me, so I thought I could at least pick him up a beverage as well. After breakfast, we were off to the metro station. We ended up at the National Zoo (free admission!) and did a scavenger hunt printed off the zoo website. After the zoo, we went to Cubano's in Silver Spring. It is one of my favorites. I was wiped out all day, napping on the metro and such. It was probably close to 100 degrees that day, so I was glad to go home after being out in the heat. We ended up getting slurpees on the way home. I can't recall being as thirsty as I was at that moment - $2.54.

I was relatively full from lunch still, so dinner was skipped as I got ready for more a surprise to come. Tickets to "The Color Purple." The show was amazing. Fantasia was incredible. I think the role was made for her or vice versa. During the show, I started to get hungry. I decided we should go to Ben's Chili Bowl. Unfortunately, there was no parking to be found, so we go the food to go. J was not going to allow chili and cheese to be eaten in his car, so I had to wait the entire ride home in torture, with the smells taunting me, before indulging.

Money spent: $10.05

No comments: