Monday, July 06, 2009

Money Diary: Day 13

I dreaded writing this entry. In fact, I almost decided to end my Money Diaries because I didn't want to face the reality of the amount of money I've spent lately.

*sigh*

Alright, so here it goes. My mom came over and we prepared a late lunch. Afterwards, I decided that I wanted to go to Leesburg Outlets because I got a mystery coupon in my email from Banana Republic for either $5, $10, $15, $20 or $500. Well, we only went into two stores, but I spent almost $200. I got some good deals. My mystery coupon was worth $10. Eh... I guess I can justify that I don't go shopping very often. Eh...

I guess I feel better now that I've disclosed this information. I will have to cut back this week.

On a better note, I have reached my Smarty Pig savings goal for my Australia trip - $1200. Hopefully, I won't use all of it... the exchange rate favors USD so at least that is on my side. That money is going towards food, zoo admission, and a tour at the Great Barrier Reef. Hmm... should I have saved more?

Money spent: $185.77

2 comments:

jonyangorg said...

you're going to australia? when? fun!

i amuse myself... said...

Yep... end of the month!! :)