So, I read this blog called "I will teach you to be rich." My favorite feature on it is "Money Diaries," a column where people keep a written account of their financial situation and their daily spending for a week.
I've decided to keep my own Money Diary... I hope to keep it up for at least this week and maybe longer. We'll see how it goes!
Day 1:
7:00 a.m. I bring a stash of breakfast food to keep at the office so that I can eat breakfast at work. Currently, I had a box of cereal and some milk. Yesterday, I had just enough milk left for one or two more servings of cereal. Unfortunately, today when I went to the fridge, I discovered that my milk was gone! Someone either drank my milk or disposed of it. Either way, it led me to my first purchase of the week. A small carton of fat free milk from the cafe next door for $1.04.
1:00 p.m. I had a lean cuisine for lunch. I bring my lunch to work more often than not.
3:00 p.m. I remembered that I was interested in doing a Twilight 5k race at the end of July. Registration is $30 until July 10th. I am going to hold off on it because I may or may not be moving the weekend of the race. F is going to do it with me though, so I will sign up soon!
6:00 p.m. I had dinner with J, K, and K's friend at Sweetwater Tavern. I had my favorite meal... their Short Smoked Grilled Salmon Salad. Mmm... Also, there was a coupon for two free desserts - I got key lime pie and apple pie a la mode. Nothing to write home about, but a good meal. J paid.
Money spent: $1.04
No comments:
Post a Comment