Hi. I'm HT and I'm a romantic.
For awhile, I didn't think I would ever do the boyfriend/girlfriend thing. Beyond all rationalization, I just thought that some wonderful man was going to turn to me one day and propose, perhaps from friend to fiance. I also always believed that when I met the man that I would spend the rest of my life with, I would know it instantaneously. I believed that there would be butterflies and fireworks; that things would just click and there would be magic.
The first time I met J was not like that. I don't remember when I met J. I know it was at Wake Forest and through our mutual friend Billiam, but I didn't even remember J as having a personality. I'm still not convinced that he had one until we graduated.
When I met J the second time, it went a little differently, but I won't go into that right now.
Love is supposed to be easy and for me one kiss can tell you whether someone is right for you as well as determine the course of an entire relationship. I believe that true love sustains itself and in my ideal relationship, the butterflies are always there and looking at that person always feels like the first time. I think loving is about compromising on standards that you thought were set in stone and being changed by another person. And though I've decieved myself in the past, I believe with all my heart that "sometimes you just know."
"If you wanna know, if he loves you so. It's in his kiss."
No comments:
Post a Comment