I've been working at the LOC for six months now. I only know vaguely what this whole operation is all about. Something about inventory, books, sending books to Ft. Meade... yeah. I inspect the trucks and then flag them for errors, if I find any. I don't really know what all the MARC records are. I don't even know the real difference between the holding record and the item record. And you probably know as much as I do about serials. You think I would have learned some of this by now. I guess I do a decent job at pretending like I know what I'm doing. I've never had to pretend in any of my previous jobs...
I don't know how much longer I'd like to keep up this charade. I've never had the same job for more than a year, so I'd like to set a personal record this time. Wish me luck... and also a raise.
1 comment:
Your piece rate is way up, and that's most important! No one can know what it's all about because the powers that be can't make up their minds. It's like Kafka's Castle, and I find it all hilarious. Also, it's rumored on Team 2 that you are the shelflist fairy! THE SHELFLIST FAIRY! I heard that from JO himself. :) I so missed you on Friday. I sent you and e-mail in the morning and then I was like d'oh! She's off today.
Post a Comment