Monday, January 19, 2009
Inauguration 2009
Today is the eve of the Presidential Inauguration. It's a crazy time in DC and there are about a million and one events going on. I feel like I'm much too tired or stressed out to actually enjoy any of it and I'm also sad that I can't participate in all the activities. Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to hear General Colin Powell and Archbishop Desmond Tutu speak (work perk). There are other speaking events that I have missed and volunteer opportunities that I can't help with. I just want this time to stay with me. It is a time of celebration and I don't want it to pass me by without savoring the emotion of it. I feel so bogged down with the logistics of it all - buying snacks for the big day, where to use the bathroom, how to get there, how to get back... I just want to get in the right frame of mine to enjoy it all. Less than 24 hours to go!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment